Jeannette VanderMarel, 48North Cannabis: Outdoor Grower License a Game Changer | Summary and Q&A

472 views
June 17, 2019
by
Investing News
YouTube video player
Jeannette VanderMarel, 48North Cannabis: Outdoor Grower License a Game Changer

TL;DR

48 North has acquired an outdoor growing license, which they believe will provide ecological benefits, lower costs, and higher profit margins. They plan to yield around 40,000 kilograms of cannabis, with 80% used for value-added products and 20% sold as dried flower. They are well-capitalized and focused on entering the edibles market.

Install to Summarize YouTube Videos and Get Transcripts

Questions & Answers

Q: How will 48 North's outdoor growing license benefit the company?

The outdoor license will allow 48 North to grow cannabis in an ecologically friendly and cost-effective manner, giving them a competitive edge in the market. It will disrupt the industry and lower their costs compared to indoor facilities.

Q: How will the low-cost organic product help 48 North compete in the market?

The downward price pressure on cannabis in various jurisdictions has impacted producers. By growing a low-cost organic product, 48 North can ensure they are one of the top-quality, low-cost producers, allowing them to compete with the black and gray market and achieve higher profit margins.

Q: What are 48 North's projections for their new products?

48 North anticipates a yield of at least 40,000 kilograms from their farm, with 80% of the yield used for extraction and processing into value-added products such as vape pens and topicals. The remaining 20% will be sold as dried flower to provincial distributors for organic dried flower products.

Q: How does 48 North navigate the volatility of the cannabis investment market?

48 North stands apart from many other cannabis companies as they have been positive in terms of revenue growth and are well-capitalized. They have a strong retail presence and are focused on producing high-quality products. They also have partnerships with reputable US companies to ensure they have the best technology and skills to enter the Canadian market successfully.

Summary & Key Takeaways

  • 48 North has acquired an outdoor growing license, which they believe will disrupt the industry, provide ecological benefits, and lower costs compared to indoor facilities.

  • The license will allow them to grow a low-cost organic product, ensuring their competitiveness in a market facing downward price pressure on cannabis.

  • They anticipate a yield of at least 40,000 kilograms, with 80% used for value-added products and 20% sold as dried flower to provincial distributors.

Share This Summary 📚

Summarize YouTube Videos and Get Video Transcripts with 1-Click

Download browser extensions on:

Explore More Summaries from Investing News 📚

Summarize YouTube Videos and Get Video Transcripts with 1-Click

Download browser extensions on: